Got Unwanted Guests?
Got Unwanted Guests in Your Home or Office?
Hiring pest and animal removal experts is the most effective way to get rid of unwanted visitors at home. But it is not a secret that homeowners do try to solve pest problems on their own too.
After all, pesticides and traps are easily accessible. Although these options do not offer a permanent solution, they can help lessen the issue on hand as long as they’re used the proper way.
If you would also like to try pest management on your own, here are the do’s and don’ts that you need to remember to ensure safety.
- Focus on prevention first. If you can prevent pest problems at home, then you will not have to deal with complex problems later on. The steps are simple, but they need everyone’s cooperation. First, you need to get rid of items that pests are always on the look-out for – food, water, and shelter. If you will not give them these, they also will not have a reason to consider your home their home. Always store food in tightly-sealed containers that pests will not be able to access. Clean after every meal so there are no food scraps lying around the house. And keep your garbage container away from home.
- Always keep your home clean. Inspect your plumbing for leaks. If you find issues, get a professional to fix them right away. Pests love moisture so it is important to get rid of areas where water can collect. Disinfect areas and furniture or appliances that can attract pests. Always sweep the floor and wipe your counters to keep food residue from collecting. Sort unused items in your home for recycling, disposal, or donating. Papers, boxes, and clothes can all be potential breeding areas for pests. If you are to bring boxes in your home, check them first for signs of pests.
- Identify the problem. If you feel that you have a pest issue at home, you need to identify first what you’re going against. Every pest is unique. There are various ways to eliminate them. By knowing exactly what you need to remove, you can focus on the right tools and methods. It can be challenging, however, to find out which pest is hiding in your home. This is where you will need the help of professionals. They have the tools, knowledge, and experience necessary in dealing with every type of pest.
- Contact a professional wildlife and animal removal company. If you have already decided to hire a pest extractor, be sure you’re working with a trusted company in Milton GA. See how long they have been in the business. Check if they’re accredited by the Better Business Bureau. And find out what their customers think about their services. By hiring industry professionals, you can be sure your pest problems will be solved the first time, using safe and environmentally-sound practices.
- Don’t mix up pesticides. Mixing pesticides can be harmful to your health and the environment. Do not mix products in hopes of making them more effective. Always read safety warnings and instructions on the labels. Focus on target areas and do not apply the pesticide in the entire room.
- Don’t leave pest control products within children’s reach. If you are to set traps or keep pest control products, be sure they are out of children’s reach. Children can easily mistake them for food or toys and put them in their mouths. And this can happen within seconds while you’re not looking. To avoid accidents, pay attention to where you’re using and keeping your traps or pesticides.
- Don’t use pesticides excessively. Too much application does not mean better results. Apply or use the product as instructed. And wait until you see results. Avoid using different pesticides at the same time too. Focus only on one product at a time so you will not forget to dispose of any leftovers.
- Don’t transfer pesticides in another container. Keep pesticides in their original containers. These containers are specifically designed for the product. Also, transferring them to another storage can only pose health and safety issues.
- Don’t do it all on your own. If you’re still not seeing results, don’t hesitate to call on a professional for help. Our team has been providing pest and wildlife control services in Milton GA for several years now, and we’ll be able to help you resolve your pest problems.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our team at Krazy Critter Removal at (770) 656-7182. We’re open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.